What is Nearshoring?
Nearshoring is a form of offshoring in which an organization recruits employees from a neighboring country to complete services.
For many companies, nearshoring combines the best of both onshore outsourcing and offshore outsourcing because it provides a similar culture, proximity, and language to the brand, but at more affordable cost. In other words, nearshore outsourcing provides the cultural and logistical benefits that working nearby brings, but with cost savings you just can’t find at home. Some main advantages of nearshoring include less expensive labor costs, avoidance of language barriers, cultural alignment, geographical proximity, and a similar time zone.
Nearshoring can also benefit your company in more operational and strategic ways as well. Nearshore outsourcing lets you tap into a global pool of highly skilled workers beyond the geographical footprint of your home country, and nearshore locations tend to be centralized in metropolitan areas that have strong infrastructure in place, allowing your nearshore partner to scale quickly and easily.
Incorporating nearshoring into your business mix may seem daunting, but you don’t have to go it alone. TTEC can help you find the right nearshore solutions to elevate customer service and employee experience at a lower total cost to your business. We’ve expanded to more than 85 global locations across six continents offering support in 50 languages.
Additional Nearshoring Resources
- 6 Reasons to consider nearshoring now: A growing list of nearby countries offer highly skilled labor at a lower cost than onshore options, while providing similar culture and time zones to avoid cultural barriers and operational inefficiency. If you’re looking to deliver seamless CX, overcome the challenges of a tight labor market, and cut costs along the way, a nearshore outsourcing company can help.
- Adapt Now: Optimize your cost basis by outsourcing parts of your business such as care, inside sales and back office. Whether you need help operating business as usual or managing a seasonal surge, we combine the people, processes, and platforms to optimize your contact center so you can unlock operational efficiencies and savings while still providing amazing customer experiences..
- 5 things retailers should consider when it comes to nearshoring: How can retail businesses cut costs without sacrificing the seamless experiences customers expect? Nearshoring could be the answer, especially in today’s tight labor market. Nearshore services can bring many benefits to companies when done well, such as providing efficient communication and specialized skill sets. However, there are also some pitfalls retailers should recognize as they consider nearshore outsourcing companies. In this blog post, we look at five things to think about as you assess whether nearshoring is right for your business.
- Outsourcing: Which Shore is right for you: There are many ways to outsource your customer operations and business activities. In this Strategy Guide, take a close look at all the options, including offshore companies.
- Offshoring, Onshoring, Nearshoring: So Many Shores, So Little Time: When looking at onshoring vs nearshoring vs offshoring, there are pros and cons with each outsourcing model. In this blog we look at each of the outsourcing approaches, including providing an overview of the benefits of nearshore outsourcing.
- Nearshore Outsourcing Solutions: Optimize your outsourcing strategy and business performance with cost-effective alternatives to in-house and onshore support. For both synchronous and asynchronous interactions, near shore solutions deliver great value to you and your customers.
- Sales Outsourcing: 11 Benefits of Outsourcing Sales: At a time when scalability, speed, and focus are essential, outsourcing sales is a proven way for companies to quickly and effectively drive revenue. In this blog post, we look at 11 ways sales outsourcing enables companies to take advantage of untapped opportunities by leveraging skilled salespeople and other experts.
- Offshore Outsourcing: Explore the pros and cons of offshore outsourcing and offshoring companies, as an alternative to onshore outsourcing.
- Contact Center Outsourcing Services: Deliver exceptional customer experiences and improve KPIs with our award-winning contact center and call center outsourcing solutions. Outsourcing customer care, technical support, and information technology is a cost effective way for brands to improve CX, accelerate digital transformation, and build operational efficiencies. Some of the most common reasons brands choose to outsource customer operations include to reduce costs, gain access to CX tools and technologies, free up internal resources to focus on core business needs, and improve customer experiences with the help of customer management experts. Our outsourcing solutions can help.
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO): Discover how a BPO partner can help provide additional support and ability to scale that can not be achieved with just your in house team. Learn how outsourcing can help your company handle tasks such as payroll, HR, accounting, and contact center roles.
- TTEC recognized as a Leader in Everest Group’s Customer Experience Management in the Americas PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2022:TTEC was named a Leader in Everest Group’s Customer Experience Management (CXM) in the Americas PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2022 for its overall market impact and ability to successfully delivery services.