What is Interactive Voice Response (IVR)?
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is an automated phone system technology that allows incoming callers to access information via a voice response system of pre recorded messages without having to speak to an agent, as well as to utilize menu options via touch tone keypad selection or speech recognition to have their call routed to specific departments or specialists.
A well designed IVR software system can help increase customer satisfaction and improve contact center operations and KPIs. Particularly during times of high call volume, an effective interactive voice response system can help avoid hold time by helping customers find answers and perform simple tasks themselves. In cases where a customer needs or requests to speak with a person, ivr technology can help route calls quickly and seamlessly to the best call center agent to address their inquiry.
At TTEC, we understand how to empower our clients' customers by making it easy for them to navigate through a smart scripted IVR system. Our ivr software saves time and makes it possible for brands to serve customers 24/7/365.
Our contact center technology solutions give customers the ability to handle routine transactions (pay bills, track shipping, make reservations, etc.) on the phone without agent-intervention. So, they can get answers faster, and you can keep costs down.
Additional Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Resources
- Ten IVR Best Practices to Improve Customer Experiences: Customer's dislike having to enter a seemingly endless series of prompts, wondering if they’ll ever be able to have an issue resolved. It’s hardly surprising that the majority of customers are dissatisfied with their IVR experiences. However, the problem isn't IVR technology, its IVR design. In this article, learn the ten IVR best practices to ensure your menu design is intuitive and customer friendly.
- The Contact Center of the Future: Digital transformation best practices, including real time routing solutions and machine learning powered automation optimizations, to achieve the contact center of the future, today.
- 6 Tips to Prevent Customers From Saying “Agent” on Repeat: Learn how to leverage next-gen IVR technology to make your call automation software work for customers, not against them, especially during times of high volume customer calls.
- Contact Center Automation Tools and Trends: The implementation of contact center automation is accelerating, so it is essential for companies to implement best practices, or risk falling behind the competition. Technological advances in routing systems, robotic process automation (RPA), AI, and machine learning (ML) are literally changing the face of customer care.
- Improve interactive voice response customer service by modernizing Your IVR: An IVR system (IVRS) accepts a combination of voice telephone input and touch-tone keypad selection and provides the appropriate responses in the form of voice, fax, callback, email and other contact methods.
- Omnichannel Solutions: Drive business results with our omnichannel solutions that help brands orchestrate a seamless customer experience within and across every touchpoint.
- Contact Center Software: To create personalized, customer-centric experiences, the right technology and infrastructure is essential. Our contact center software and Humanify® Technology Platforms deliver enterprise-class solutions for omnichannel interactions.
- Conversational IVR and Natural Language IVR: How to meet the customer service expectations of today and tomorrow in the evolving world of voice customer service.