What is Interactive Voice Response (IVR)?
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is an automated phone system technology that allows incoming callers to access information via a voice response system of pre recorded messages without having to speak to an agent, as well as to utilize menu options via touch tone keypad selection or speech recognition to have their call routed to specific departments or specialists.
A well designed IVR software system can help increase customer satisfaction and improve contact center operations and KPIs. Particularly during times of high call volume, an effective interactive voice response system can help avoid hold time by helping customers find answers and perform simple tasks themselves. In cases where a customer needs or requests to speak with a person, ivr technology can help route calls quickly and seamlessly to the best call center agent to address their inquiry.
At TTEC, we understand how to empower our clients' customers by making it easy for them to navigate through a smart scripted IVR system. Our ivr software saves time and makes it possible for brands to serve customers 24/7/365.
Our contact center technology solutions give customers the ability to handle routine transactions (pay bills, track shipping, make reservations, etc.) on the phone without agent-intervention. So, they can get answers faster, and you can keep costs down.
Additional Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Resources
- Ten IVR Best Practices to Improve Customer Experiences: Customer's dislike having to enter a seemingly endless series of prompts into an IVR telephony menu system, wondering if they’ll ever be able to have an issue resolved. It’s hardly surprising that the majority of customers are dissatisfied with their IVR phone experiences. However, the problem isn't IVR technology, its IVR design. In this article, learn the ten IVR best practices to ensure your menu design is intuitive and customer friendly.
- The Contact Center of the Future: Digital transformation best practices, including real time routing, voice recognition and interactive ivr solutions, and machine learning powered automation optimizations, to achieve the contact center of the future, today.
- 6 IVR Technology Tips to Prevent Customers From Saying “Agent” on Repeat: What is IVR software good for, if it can't help customers resolve their calls without needing to ask for an agent? In this strategy guide, learn how to leverage next-gen IVR telephony technology to make your call automation software work for customers, not against them, so they do not become frustrated and ask for a live agent (especially during times of high volume customer calls).
- Contact Center Automation Tools and Trends: The implementation of contact center automation is accelerating, so it is essential for companies to implement best practices, or risk falling behind the competition. Technological advances in routing systems, robotic process automation (RPA), AI, and machine learning (ML) are literally changing the face of customer care.
- Improve interactive voice response customer service by modernizing Your IVR: An IVR system (IVRS) accepts a combination of voice telephone input and touch-tone keypad selection and provides the appropriate responses in the form of voice, fax, callback, email and other contact methods. In this article, learn more about the definition of ivr, and how to modernize your ivr application to improve call center efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Raise your voice for customer success: When it comes to communicating, people want more choice, not less. So instead than ignoring your voice channel for CX, embrace and evolve it. This strategy guide and assessment shows you how. Learn key benefits of an evolved voice strategy as part of a holistic channel mix.
- Contact Center Outsourcing: Drive business results with our contact center outsourcing and omnichannel solutions that help brands orchestrate a seamless customer experience within and across every touchpoint.
- Contact Center Software: To create personalized, customer-centric experiences, the right IVR technology and contact center infrastructure is essential. Our contact center software and Humanify® Technology Platforms deliver enterprise-class solutions for omnichannel interactions.
- Conversational IVR and Natural Language IVR: Poorly designed and outdated interactive voice response systems can be frustrating because customers feel that the IVR menu design does not match what they need. In this article, learn how advances in conversational and natural language IVR technologies are helping to modernize voice customer service and improve customer experiences.
- CX Transformation - 4 Ways to Improve your CX Strategy: Often the overall customer strategy is not clearly and consistently understood across the customer journey, nor deeply within support functions. In this article, we explore ways to achieve CX transformation by having less siloed channels and creating more seamless customer journeys.
- CX Consulting and Strategy: With increased competition, it is critical for your company to provide superior customer experience (CX) to stand out from the crowd. Imagine if you could get a clear view of your current customer experiences across all touchpoints and determine the interactions, tools, and technology needed to accelerate your future-state CX. Our data driven digital experience and customer experience (CX) consulting team will help you create a prioritized roadmap for optimization.