What is Intelligent Routing?
Intelligent Routing (or Skills-based Routing), is a technology contact centers use to gather customer inquiries through voice, digital, or social channels, and then applies rules to route it to the agent best fit to resolve the issue.
Intelligent Routing increases customer satisfaction by reducing the amount of times a customer is transferred or on hold, and decreases the average handle time (AHT).
TTEC's Intelligent Routing technology is capable of personalizing unique call center parameters to ensure every inquiry gets to the right person at the right time -- every time.
Additional TTEC Resources
- Ten IVR Best Practices to Improve Customer Experiences: Customer's dislike having to enter a seemingly endless series of prompts, wondering if they’ll ever be able to have an issue resolved. It’s hardly surprising that the majority of customers are dissatisfied with their IVR experiences.
- Improve intelligent routing customer service by modernizing Your IVR: An intelligent routing system accepts a combination of voice telephone input and touch-tone keypad selection and provides the appropriate responses in the form of voice, fax, callback, email and other contact methods.
- The Contact Center of the Future: Digital transformation best practices, including real time routing solutions and machine learning powered automation optimizations, to achieve the contact center of the future, today.
- 6 Tips to Prevent Customers From Saying “Agent” on Repeat: Learn how to leverage next-gen IVR technology to make your call automation software work for customers, not against them.
- Omnichannel Contact Center Solutions: Optimize with Data Mapping: For omnichannel customer experiences to be as effective as possible, your contact center platform needs to utilize the data in the customer journey to create more seamless experiences across all touchpoints.
- Contact Center Software: To create personalized, customer-centric experiences, the right technology and infrastructure is essential. Our contact center software and Humanify® Technology Platforms deliver enterprise-class solutions for omnichannel interactions.
- The Building Blocks of a Dynamic Contact Center: Intelligent call routing is about dynamically correlating customer calls to specific associates with tailored skills. To enhance CX, it is important that a routing system can match the customer and agents based on skill set and topical expertise.
- Contact Center Automation Tools and Trends: The implementation of contact center automation is accelerating, so it is essential for companies to implement best practices, or risk falling behind the competition. Technological advances in routing systems, robotic process automation (RPA), AI, and machine learning (ML) are literally changing the face of customer care.