What is Omnichannel?
Omnichannel is a cross-channel customer engagement strategy that businesses utilize to improve the customer experience.
Often used in context of retail, omnichannel has become an objective for contact centers and customer service departments to enable customers to engage with a brand on their channel of choice when, where, and how they choose.
True omnichannel implementation requires contact center software, skilled agents, and customer analytics to connect and orchestrate the customer journey.
It's necessary for today's brands to understand their customer channel preferences and the type of interaction across video, voice, SMS (text), email, social, or a combination of those. Only the contact centers that do this well can edge past competitors.
At TTEC, omnichannel isn't just about making channels available to customers, its about shifting, combining and crossing over touchpoints and interactions in a seamless fashion. It's also about having the ability to transfer context across channels to deliver one continuous customer conversation.
Our omnichannel solutions blend omnichannel with customer journey orchestration to help ensure contact centers can deliver a true customer-centric omnichannel experience -- everywhere and every time.
Additional TTEC Resources
- Omnichannel Solutions: Drive business results with our omnichannel solutions that help brands orchestrate a seamless customer experience within and across every touchpoint.
- Optimize Omnichannel Contact Center Solutions with Data Mapping: Even companies with multichannel and omnichannel contact center operations rarely connect customer data and follow the customer path across communication channels. In this article learn how to tap into the customer insight that exists beyond the walls of the contact center to optimize the customer experience.
- Transform Omnichannel Vision into Reality: In this strategy guide discover trends that are influencing the state and direction of omnichannel implementations.
- Make Your CX Efforts Sing with Channel Orchestration : In this strategy guide, learn 4 keys to successfully integrating traditional and digital channels for CX and operational excellence
- Measuring the Omnichannel Customer Experience: Many companies struggle to connect the dots between customer experience measurements such as customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Score with business performance outcomes such as changes in revenue and profits, changes in customer lifetime value, and incremental revenue gains achieved via word-of-mouth marketing.
- The Mystery of the Missing Omnichannel Experience: Half a decade ago businesses across industries promised a golden age of omnichannel experiences that offered connected shopping experiences and easy-to-reach customer service on the go or at home.
- Connecting the Dots on the Omnichannel Customer Journey: Everybody’s talking about “omnichannel” these days. As a result, many are wondering – is it just the latest buzzword, or is it truly worthy of all the attention it’s receiving?