What is Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO)?
Information Technology Outsourcing is the transfer of ownership of some, or all information technology processes or functions to a service provider.
Additional Information Technology Outsourcing Resources
Here is a selection of resources to help you continue to explore what is IT outsourcing and contact center outsourcing.
- 4 reasons why you should use the right CX partner for outsourcing needs: Today’s contact center workforce must have complex problem-solving skills, excel in people management, coordinate well with others, and possess high emotional intelligence. Finding these new skills in a cost-efficient manner can be challenging. That’s why an outsourcing company with experience and expertise can take the burden off a brand so it can focus on its core business functions. In this strategy guide, you’ll learn the benefits of outsourcing and discover 4 reasons why it’s critical to partner with the right CX outsourcing vendor.
- Offshoring, Onshoring, Nearshoring: So Many Shores, So Little Time: When considering outsourcing teams, time zones and potential cost savings are just two of the many aspects to consider. In this article we look at the pros and cons of the various outsourcing models, such as onshore outsourcing, nearshore outsourcing, offshore outsourcing, or a combination.
- The Ultimate CX Digital Transformation Workbook for Contact Centers: Achieving a long term digital transformation in the contact center starts with a tactical cloud migration plan – one that has business and technology goals aligned. Our management consulting team has designed a 7-point digital planning workbook to help facilitate more productive CX transformation discussions between IT and business decision makers within organizations to drive business outcomes.
- Customer-centric digital transformation services built on a cohesive tech stack: When applying digital transformation to your tech stack, it should help create connected, contextual conversations. Historically, this has been nearly impossible because of the numerous technologies, processes, and systems in place. Rather than deploy disparate technologies that create siloes of digital CX, a better approach is to leverage a holistic, cohesive CX ecosystem built with innovative digitally transforming technologies to orchestrate, integrate, automate, and operate amazing digital-first customer experiences.
- Research Shows Digital Transformation Maturity Across the Enterprise: A recent report, “The State of Digital Transformation,” echoes what business leaders of every stripe are realizing: digital is pervasive. Firms are under pressure to adapt or create new business models, processes, and operations that reflect the fast, personalized, and convenient services that people have come to expect from a digital economy. Indeed, technology transformation initiatives are maturing into enterprise-wide movements that have an impact on all companies offerings.
- Contact Center of the Future: Digital Transformation Best Practices: Today’s customer expectations are higher than ever. Whether speaking with an associate directly or utilizing automated self-service, they expect all channels to be connected. Meanwhile, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotic process automation, and social media are just some of the new interactions that are drastically changing customer and employee experiences in the contact center. That is why the contact center of the future is not a siloed, multichannel call center, but a cloud based omnichannel contact center that provides a data driven 360-degree view of the entire customer journey.
- Contact Center Trends for the Decade Ahead: Information technology outsourcing and digital transformation are just some of the CX and technology trends shaping the contact center industry. Creating efficiency and cost-savings momentum while also improving customer experiences (CX) and employee experiences (EX) are critical. To achieve this, traditional contact center labor models won’t be enough. Instead, double-down on CX and technology innovations such as remote workforces, intelligent automation, and cloud infrastructure.
- Contact Center Outsourcing Services: Outsourcing customer care and technical support is a cost effective way for brands to improve CX, accelerate digital transformation, and build operational efficiencies. We are contact center design, implementation, and management experts, and we can help you determine which contact center outsourcing approach – onshore, nearshore, offshore, virtual, automated, or a combination of them all – is best for your business.