What is Asynchronous Messaging?
Asynchronous Messaging is a communication method where participants on both sides of the conversation have the freedom to start, pause, and resume conversational messaging on their own terms, eliminating the need to wait for a direct live connection (aka synchronous messages).
People often send a message asynchronously when they do not require an immediate response from the recipient. Today, messaging is a communication channel most customers prefer to use not just with friends and family, but also with brands.
TTEC brings humans and technology together for a customer-focused, outcome-based messaging strategy that elevates both employee and customer experience while simultaneously lowering the organization’s cost to serve.
Additional Asynchronous Messaging Resources
- Conversational Messaging: Today’s customers demand real time, hyper-personalized, one-on-one communication, via their preferred platform. Delivering this kind of customer-centric CX requires a solution with built-in scalability. Messaging platforms can help companies improve response times to customer issues and provide better customer experiences.
- Get the Message, for your Customers' Sake: Many may think messaging is just traditional web-based chat, it’s not. Messaging is a text-based, two-way personal conversation that occurs on a mobile device or platform like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SMS text messaging, or within a brand’s app. Unlike live chat that occurs in a pop-up screen and is synchronous vs asynchronous, messaging is fully asynchronous. This means you don’t need to stay in a dedicated session to send or receive messages. Messaging takes the idea of web chat, simplifies it, turns it into asynchronous chat, and moves it to where consumers already spend their time – on their phones.
- Top 5 Conversational CX Gaps in Messaging and Chat: We mystery shopped some famous brands, and here’s what we learned about their synchronous and asynchronous messaging experiences.
- Conquer Virtual Retailer Woes with Messaging: While synchronous communication remains popular with retail customers, today’s customers also want brands to communicate with them virtually, and work around their schedules. Asynchronous communication and messaging to the rescue. Customers no longer have to wait on hold for a live agent, as they now have the freedom to start, pause, and resume the conversation when it's convenient for them.
- Apple Business Chat Improve CSAT and Reduce Call Volume: In this on-demand webinar, learn about Apple Business Chat – the asynchronous messaging channel that’s revolutionizing contact center experience and call deflection.
- Make the Business Case for Messaging: When customer's want to reach customer service they will often make a phone call or open a live chat window on the company's website. While these remain popular communication channels, more and more customers are gravitating to text-based messaging and asynchronous chat instead. And with messaging agents able to handle 2 to 3 times more volume than voice agents, at 30-50% less cost per contact, businesses can see great ROI.
- Pickup and Reorder Prescriptions with Messaging: Messaging enables convenience for patients and members to stay informed, connected, and cared for via the digital platforms they prefer.
- Asynchronous Messaging for Retail Strategy Guide: Forward-thinking retailers are discovering the benefits of a digital customer engagement strategy and the value that messaging and smart chatbot technologies can bring to the virtual retail experience.