What is Workforce Management?
Workforce Management (WFM) is an all encompassing term surrounding business processes around having the right number of people at the right times to meet estimated call volume expectations.
WFM processes often incldue forcasting contact and interaction volumes, scheduling staff based on forecasting, managing the day-to-day and preparing for changes in call volumes and/or surges.
Call centers that don't have the right number of employees scheduled at the right time to meet their key performance indicators will fall behind the competition every. single. time. Not to mention, since staffing can account for up to 70% of contact center operating costs, it's extremey important to schedule and manage employees effectively.
TTEC's WFM solution measures and leverages the talents and preferences of indivuduals and aligns their skills and proficiencies with our clients' business objectives and customer needs to produce optimal staffing schedules.
As a result, our clients reduce the risk of overstaffing, minimize overtime, provide employees with schedules they actually prefer, identify time-off opportunities, and reduce shrinkage.
Additional TTEC Resources
- Four Tips to Engage and Empower Your Workforce: An engaged workforce is a fundamental business driver for an organization’s success. And forward-thinking business leaders are striving to gain and retain high levels of employee engagement.
- Preparing Tomorrow’s CX Workforce in a Turbulent Employment Climate: A look back—and ahead—at trends driving employee experiences of the future.
- Don’t Shy Away From Emotional Connections in the Workplace: Many organizations say that their employees are their most important assets, but few really know how their employees are feeling, or the effect those feelings on their performance and loyalty.
- Rules of Employee Engagement: Engaged employees are the backbone of an organization. But while business leaders recognize the importance of an engaged workforce, several organizations have been facing high levels of disengagement for a number of years.
- Insurance Company Optimizes Back-Office Operations by 20%: A Canadian insurer eliminated waste in its back-office operations, resulting in happy customers - and happy employees.