Our Effective Business Writing Skills program provides you with planning and thinking tools for writing clear, concise, and compelling business communications. The objective is to understand how to write more effectively in a time-poor and cluttered communication environment. Below are details and course schedules for the Effective Business Writing Skills program, or click here to view other Business Learning Centre courses.
About This Course
Understand the qualities of an effective influencer and the characteristics of influencing with or without authority across and upwards in your organisation. Learn to influence internal stakeholders more effectively to embrace your ideas, accept your recommendations and support your initiatives.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone needing skills in influencing, especially without authority, across and upward in an organisation.
How Do I Register?
The schedule of upcoming Effective Business Writing Skills courses are listed below. Pick the date that works for you and click the register button.
2 days for up to 12 participants.
- Influencing others to accept your recommendations.
- Lobbying internally to get support for your initiatives.
- Getting buy-in to your ideas, for example a change program.
- Pitching internally for resources.
- Influencing upwards for sign-off or approval.
- Establishing successful working relationships with internal customers and key stakeholders.
- Planning an influencing strategy.
- Qualities of an effective influencer.
- Understanding individual decision making processes and motivation to act.
- Face-to-face persuasive communication skills such as probing, listening and developing professional rapport.
- Creating and delivering compelling messages.
- Making a good impression, building credibility and improving perceptions.
- Dealing with stakeholder responses and push-back.
- Scenarios and exercises to benchmark and enhance individual influencing skill and style.
Outcomes the program gives participants
- Be able to influence internal stakeholders more effectively to embrace ideas, accept recommendations and support initiatives.
- Be more confident when influencing at senior levels.
- Develop a wider range of influencingskills and strategies.
- Be able to create tailored influencingstrategies for individual stakeholders.
- Create desired impressions, build credibility and improve perceptions.
- Have greater control over stakeholder interactions and their outcomes
- Improve self awareness of what works and what doesn’t with respect to own influencing style
- Improve the flexibility of own communication and adapt to the style and needs of others
- Structure and deliver information more persuasively