Our Influencing Skills two-day program provides a deeper understanding of the qualities of anclick here to view other Business Learning Centre courses.effective influencer and the characteristics of influencing with or without their maximum potential. Presentation styles are fine-tuned so presenters can inform, influence authority across and upwards in your organisation. It is designed for anyone needing skills in influencing, especially without being in an authoritative position. Below are details and course schedules for the program, or
Preparation is key! Here are 3 simple activities to complete in advance of the workshop that will immerse you in the content, get you thinking about your influencing experience, and ensure you feel comfortable and prepared for the session.
(Note: details about accessing and viewing motion graphics will be provided following program signup).
- Identify an issue, initiative or recommendation that you will need to influence others to support. Identify 1 specific stakeholder that you will need to influence on this issue, and consider the approach you would take to the conversation.
- View the motion graphic ‘The 5 minute Planner’ and consider how you this could help you plan your influencing interactions.
- The workshop facilitator will call you in the week prior to the session. The purpose of this call is to learn more about you, the types influencing interactions your have, and your desired outcomes for the session. Use this opportunity to ask any questions you like!
About This Course
TTEC’s Influencing Skills Program gives participants a deeper understanding of the qualities and skills of an effective influencer. The program explores the characteristics of influencing when no authority is held across and upward in an organisation.
Download brochure »
Who Should Attend?
Anyone in the organisation who has the responsibility to influence stakeholders whom they hold no authority over.
How Do I Register?
The schedule of upcoming Influencing Skills courses are listed below. Pick the date that works for you and click the register button.
2 consecutive days for 6 – 8 participants
- Influencing others to accept your recommendations regardless of seniority in the organisation.
- Lobbying internally to gain support for initiatives.
- Getting buy-in to your ideas, for example a change program or gaining additional resources.
- Establishing successful working relationships with internal customers and key stakeholders.
- Qualities of an effective influencer
- Planning an influencing strategy
- Understanding individual decision making processes and motivation to act
- Face-to-face persuasive communication skills such as probing, listening and developing professional rapport
- Creating and delivering compelling messages
- Making a good impression, building credibility and improve perceptions
- Dealing with stakeholder responses and push-back
- Scenarios and exercises to benchmark and enhance individual influencing skill and style
Outcomes the program gives participants
- Be able to influence internal stakeholders more effectively to embrace ideas, accept recommendations and support initiatives
- Be more confident when influencing at senior levels
- Develop a wider range of influencing skills and strategies
- Be able to create tailored influencing strategies for individual stakeholders
- Create desired impressions, build credibility and improve perceptions
- Have greater control over stakeholder interactions and their outcomes
- Improve self awareness of what works and what doesn’t with respect to each person’s own influencing style
- Improve the flexibility of each person’s own communication and adapt to the style and needs of others
- Structure and deliver information more persuasively
- Build more successful working relationships with key stakeholders
Following the workshop we will support you in embedding your learning, in a number of ways.
- Immediately after the workshop you will receive an electronic copy of the Influencing Planning Tool for you to start using in your upcoming negotiations.
You will be invited to attend a group coaching call at 2 weeks, and again at 6 weeks, post the workshop. These coaching calls will be with the workshop facilitator, and fellow participants, and are a great opportunity to reflect and re-energise. On the call you will:
- Share your experiences of using the tools, skills, and strategies learnt, in real influencing interactions.
- Learn from fellow participants experiences.
- Ask questions of the facilitator to further build you understanding and comfort levels applying the workshop learnings in the ‘real world’.
- You will also have access to review the ‘5 Minute Planner’ motion graphic for the 6 months after the workshop.