Our Coaching Skills for Leaders two-day program combines knowledge, data and
practical tools to work with each member of your team to ensure they achieve their
maximum potential. Below are details and course schedules for the Coaching Skills
for Leaders program, or click here to view other Business Learning Centre courses.
Preparation is key! Here are 4 simple activities to complete in advance of the workshop that will immerse you in the content, get you thinking about your coaching experiences, and make sure you feel comfortable and prepared for the session.
- Identify a team member that you need to have a coaching conversation within the next 2 weeks. Give some thought to how you would have that conversation, and come prepared to discuss and use this scenario in a role play.
- Please bring with you to the program, your diary for the 3 weeks prior to the program and for the 3 weeks following the program.
- View the motion graphic GROW and consider how you would use this tool to get a better understanding of your team members performance. (Note: details about accessing and viewing motion graphics will be provided following program signup).
- The workshop facilitator will call you in the week prior to the session. The purpose of this call is to learn more about you, the types of coaching conversations you have, and your desired outcomes for the session. Use this opportunity to ask any questions you like!
About This Course
TTEC’s Coaching Skills for Leaders program is designed to help people leaders unlock the potential of the individual members of their teams. This is done by applying a proven process to their coaching activities and developing their interactive communication skills to consistently get the best out of their people.
Who Should Attend?
People who are in a team leadership role or have designated coaching responsibilities.
How Do I Register?
The schedule of upcoming Coaching Skills for Leaders courses are listed below. Pick the date that works for you and click the register button.
2 days for 6-10 participants.
- Understanding the coaching environment, the role of coach, and the difference between coaching and managing.
- Adopting the coaching process, starting with observation and reviewing results in terms of activity and competency.
- Recognising different types of staff in terms of results, competency and potential, then coaching them accordingly.
- Developing coaching and development plans that are more likely to be owned an actioned by staff.
- The ability to plan for, gather and then deliver honest impact feedback.
- Time management and effectiveness for coaches.
- Developing an individual coaching strategy.
- The 5 Stage Coaching Process to guide your coaching activities.
- How to plan for and give in-the-moment feedback.
- Dealing with difficult people.
- Diagnosing competency gaps and developing motivational solutions.
- Gain skills and the willingness to allocate more time to high quality coaching activities and develop more effective strategies for individuals
- Enable to run more effective coaching session as a result of improved planning, communication and feedback skills.
Following the workshop we will support you in embedding your learning, in a number of ways.
- Immediately after the workshop you will receive an electronic copy of GROW model and question list, for you to use in future coaching conversations.
You will be invited to attend a group coaching call at 2 weeks, and again at 6 weeks, post the workshop. These coaching calls will be with the workshop facilitator, and fellow participants, and are a great opportunity to reflect and re-energise. On the call you will:
- Share your experiences of using the tools, skills, and strategies learnt, in your coaching conversations
- Learn from fellow participants experiences.
- Ask questions of the facilitator to further build you understanding and comfort levels applying the workshop learnings in the ‘real world’.
- You will also have access to review the ‘GROW’ motion graphic for the 6 months after the workshop.